Tuesday, February 26, 2008

Sci Fi Amendments

Let's talk reality for just a minute. I spouted off about the "good" and the "mediocre" science fiction or supernatural shows that either are on the air today or have been in the past. I was wrong on a couple of counts, I admit it.

I still love Summer Glau but Terminator: TSCC is no longer on the good list (sorry everybody involved, it's just not that great) and has slipped to mediocre (at best). Perhaps it was my anticipation (re: blind hope for the show to be as good as the movies, and I liked even number three by the way) or my stubborn streak to defend milady Glau's feminine and feminist honor that got in the way initially. It never should have been listed as one of the good shows... I was just really hoping it would deserve to be.

The poll was rather unsuccessful... not even Mul (my fiance') answered it! I listed some obvious sci fi choices there that I wouldn't touch with a 10 foot LCD flat screen (esp. Doctor Who). No one took the bait and color me surprised. But then I've yet to receive any responses or comments yet from my blog posts, so I must live on - tortured in my anonymity.

Watching a lot of 4400 and CSI (the original, not NY or Miami or anything like that - just Vegas - the best one) right now... and Hitchcock movies (Suspicion, Sabotage, Rebecca, we own To Catch a Thief and some others). I love my local public library!

Speaking of the library, I found out that card holders can request old TV shows on DVD now... like the Dukes of Hazzard, Cosby Show, Columbo, Wonder Woman (Lynda Carter, kid you not!), Bosom Buddies, Fantasy Island and WKRP in Cincinnati. But don't bother trying to get Angel or Buffy seasons... I could only find ONE season of Angel available (and thank goodness it was season three because "Waiting in the Wings" is in that season with Summer Glau!) and NONE of the Buffy episodes, even though there are graphic novels that I didn't even know existed available.

Enough waxing poetic on the public library system, except for one more thing. I love the graphic novel series called Y: the Last Man. It's awesome so far, I have only read into book number 5 so far and will be ordering all of the others that I can from (you guessed it) my local library. If I understand the rumors correctly, this year the series ends! Supposedly the last of the 10 big books was out in January, yay. There are already discussions about possible movies (a trilogy with Shia Labeouf) in the works. So I still have a ways to catch up, but if I do so and then have to wait for the finale because the library system hasn't seen fit to keep up with it, that'll grate a bit. Anywho... back to book 5.

Thanks for reading. Respond to something or I'll start wondering why I type this stuff in the first place. Certainly not for Da Boy's amusement!

No comments: